When it comes to accessories for our PCs one that I always seem to need is a card reader. We shoot quite a lot of photos and video here at ThinkComputers and if we chose to transfer these files directly from our camera it would take forever. That is where a card reader comes in, which can take advantage of a faster USB 3.0 connection. Today we have one such card reader from Unitek, but it also comes with a 3-port USB hub as well. This makes it the perfect accessory for all of your external storage needs for your PC. Read on and see if that turns out to be true!
– USB Ports: 3 USB 3.0 ports
– Card Slots: SD, CF, MS, Micro SD/T-Flash/M2
– Support SDXC 2TB
– Power: 5V/2A PSU
– Material: ABS Plastic
– Chipset: Genesys GL3233 Chipset and VIA VL812 Chipset
– Multi in 1 design, 4 card slots support the memory cards as below:
– CF Slot: Compact Flash Type I, CF Elite Pro, CF PRO I, CF Turbo, CF Ultima I, Extreme CF,Extreme III CF, HS CF, Ultra II CF
– SD Slot: Secure Digital (SD), Elite Pro SD, Extreme III SD, Gaming Edition SD, , Platinum II SD, SD Pro, SDHC, SDXC, SD-Max, SD-Pleomax, SD-Pro C, Super SD, Turbo SD, Ultima I SD, Ultima II SD, Ultimate SD, Ultra High Speed SD, Ultra II SD, Ultra II SD Plus, Ultra SD, Ultra-X SD, DV-RS MMC, High Speed MMC / RS-MMC, MCCmobile, MMC Pro, MMCplus, MMCplus Turbo, RS-MMC
– Micro SD Slot: Micro SD (TransFlash), Micro SDHC
– MS Slot: MS, MS DUO, MS PRO DUO, MS Magicgate, Ultra II MS PRO, ect
– Windows: XP/VISTA/Win 7/Win 8/Win 8. 1 / Win 10
– Mac OS X: 10.4 Tiger/10.5 Leopard/10.6 Snow Leopard/10.7 Lion/10.8 Mountain Lion
– Linus OS
The USB 3.0 Hub + Card Reader comes in a small retail box that has a picture of the unit on the front. Flipping over to the back there is a list of features.
On the sides of the package it lets us know what all is inside and gives us a full list of all of the different storage cards it supports. For those wondering it does support SDXC cards up to 2TB.
Getting everything out of the box we have the USB hub / card reader, USB 3.0 cable, power adapter, user’s guide, and a thank you note from Unitek.