Intel has sent out a product notification that they will be ending their shipments of Broadwell-E processors, these include the Core i7 6800K, 6850K, 6900K and the 10-core 6950X. All of these processors are made to work on Intel’s X99 chipset and on socket LGA2011v3 motherboards.
In the product change notification (PCN) Intel states the following processors will reach end-of-life for orders by May 2018:
– Intel Core i7-6950X Processor Extreme
– Intel Core i7-6900K Processor
– Intel Core i7-6850K Processor
– Intel Core i7-6800K Processor
– Boxed Intel Core i7-6950X Processor
– Boxed Intel Core i7-6900K Processor
– Boxed Intel Core i7-6850K Processor
– Boxed Intel Core i7-6800K Processor
Of course the Broadwell-E generation of processors have been replaced by the new Skylake-X processors, which run on LGA2066 socketed motherboards and the X299 chipset. This new generation of processors not only includes 10-core models, but 16 and 18-core models as well.