If you are traveling and want reliable storage there are many options, but what if you want storage that is going to last and be able to take a beating. Many professional photographers need storage that is redundant and can withstand the elements that they are in. If they have that one perfect photo saved and the hard drive dies they could be in serious trouble. Today we are taking a look at the ToughTech Duo from CRU-DataPort. This hard drive enclosure can fit two 2.5-inch hard drives and has RAID support. Read on as we take a look.
– RAID 1 for easy duplication of data in the field – Data Protection
– RAID 0 for large FAST working volumes in the field – Data Performance
– Stores up to 1.5 TB striped or 750 GB mirrored with two 2.5″ 750 GB notebook drives
– Passive thermal design for optimal heat dissipation – No fans means quiet operation
– Removable drive sleds with built-in locks – No tools needed
– Multi-country AC power supply: US, European, UK, and Australian plugs included
– Removing/replacing drives does not void enclosure warranty
– Bus power with included FireWire cables
The ToughTech Duo comes in a nice retail box. On the front there is a photo of the device in action at it lists its connectivity options which include USB 2.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and eSATA. On the back there is a diagram showing you how easy it is to load the trays.
To give you a great idea of how the ToughTech Duo comes, what it comes with and a brief overview check out our unboxing video below.