System Overview & Testing Procedures
Our test system is comprised of an Intel Core i7-965 Extreme processor, Gigabyte X58A-UD5 motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, 750GB SATA drive, Blu-ray drive, 1000W Zalman power supply all inside the BitFenix Colossus case.
Opening up CrystalDiskInfo we can see all the information about the drive. As you can see this drive does support TRIM.
For testing the drive we will be using the following benchmarking programs, we have provided links to each so you can run the benchmarks as well.
- HDTune Pro (download)
- Sandra Physical Disks Benchmark (download)
- ATTO Disk Benchmark (download)
- CrystalDiskMark 64bit (download)
- AS SSD Benchmark (download)
- AIDA64 Disk Benchmark (download)
We also made these optimization changes…
- No power saving options in the BIOS
- ACHI enabled in the BIOS
- Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
- Windows 7 power saving settings are disabled
For comparison we will be testing the Zalman S-Series against these other solid state drives.
Keep in mind these 3 other drives are based on the SandForce controller not the JMicron controller. Now on to testing!