Author: ThinkComputers News
LAKE FOREST, Calif., Nov. 23, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Western Digital® (NYSE: WDC), the world’s leader in external storage solutions, today announced the addition of several entertainment and social sites to the popular WD TV® media player family. WD TV Live™ (photo) and WD TV Live Plus media player (photo) customers will now be able to connect with their friends and family through Facebook® – including uploading photos and videos, sharing their status, viewing their wall and getting the latest updates from their News Feed – among other entertainment choices, all from their HDTV. Meanwhile, WD TV Live Plus media player customers in the U.S. can now instantly rent or purchase the newest movie releases the same day they become available on DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ through the Blockbuster® On Demand service.
In addition, new features for the WD TV Live and WD TV Live Plus media players include:
- Deezer™: a personalized on-demand music service for listening to 7 million tracks anytime, anywhere and one of the most popular Internet and mobile music offerings in Europe;
- Flingo®: free Internet television from leading studios, TV networks, and video websites;
- AccuWeather.com®: a worldwide weather forecasting service; and,
- USB wireless keyboard support: use any popular wireless keyboard with USB dongle to easily update Facebook status and conduct YouTube® searches.
“The WD TV family of media players lets our customers enjoy all of their personal media plus the best of the Internet on the biggest screen in the house,” said Brian Miller, director of business development for WD. “We listen to our user community and integrate their feedback to continuously improve the experience with our products. That includes working with our content partners to curate the best set of Internet services to meet customers’ needs.”
For more information on the WD TV Live and WD TV Live Plus media players, please visit the WD TV media player family website.
Price and Availability
The WD TV Live media player is available worldwide, and the WD TV Live Plus media player is available in the U.S. and Canada (1). Products can be purchased at select U.S. and Canadian retailers and online at wdstore.com. MSRP for the WD TV Live and WD TV Live Plus media players is $129.99 USD.
WD, one of the storage industry’s pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users’ data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
WD was founded in 1970. The company’s storage products are marketed to leading OEMs, systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital® and WD® brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company’s website (http://www.westerndigital.com/) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
WD, Western Digital and WD TV are registered trademarks and WD TV Live is a trademark of Western Digital Technologies, Inc in the U.S. and other countries. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc. Other marks may be mentioned herein that belong to other companies. Pictures shown may vary from actual products. Not all products may be available in all regions of the world. All product and packaging specifications subject to change without notice.
(1) Netflix, Blockbuster On Demand and Pandora services are available only in the U.S. For Netflix, unlimited membership is required. For Blockbuster On Demand, membership is required. For all services: Availability varies by country. These streaming services may be changed, terminated, or interrupted at any time.