Have you ever been watching something on your laptop and thought, “Hey this would be awesome if I could watch this on my TV”. Well many people spend a lot of money on home theater PC systems when all they need is a simple device that we are reviewing today. The Warpia Wireless USB PC to TV Audio / Video Display Adapter allows you to easily stream what you are viewing on your laptop or PC to any TV or projector. Let’s check it out and see if it’s worth getting over a HTPC system.
Special thanks to Warpia for providing us with the Wireless USB PC to TV Audio / Video Display Adapter to review.
• Watch and share ANYTHING from your laptop on your HDTV
• Wirelessly connect your notebook or PC to a flat screen TV or projector
• Browse the Internet, stream internet video, share pictures & programs
• Multi-task – watch online movies on your TV while working on your laptop
• Wirelessly connect to a projector to display presentations for meetings
- Display presentations and other content from a USB 2.0 port on your PC or laptop wirelessly to a projector, monitor or TV
- Range includes same room coverage of up to 30 feet (10 meters) with line of site between PC and Display
- Supports Displays (monitors, Projectors, TV’s) via VGA, DVI or HDMI (DVI requires an HDMI to DVI converter sold separately)
- Audio streams either through the HDMI output or the 3.5mm Stereo Audio jack.
- Supports resolutions up to SXGA+ (1400×1050) and HD Video up to 720P
- 32-Bit True Color Depth for high quality images
- 128 bit AES Security
- Fully compatible with Windows XP and Vista. Window’s 7 compatibility by end of November ‘09. MAC OS support in development
- Minimum System Requirements
- Window’s based PC with an available USB 2.0 Port
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista (32 or 64 bit), or Windows 7.0 (Nov ‘09)
- CPU & Memory Requirements:
- Running Windows XP:
- For full screen video streaming up to 720P: Intel Core2 DUO 1.8Ghz CPU with 1GB of Memory
- For Internet browsing, pictures, office use, etc: Intel ATOM 1.6Ghz CPU with 512MB of Memory
- Running Windows VISTA or 7.0:
- For full screen video streaming up to 720P: Intel Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz with 1GB of Memory
- For Internet browsing, pictures, office use, etc: Intel Core Solo 1.6Ghz with 1GB of Memory
The adapter comes in a nice retail package. On the front it shows pretty much how the adapter works. On the back there is a list of everything that is included in the package, system requirements and features.
Opening the package up everything is nicely placed inside. Getting it all out you have the following items, the USB PC adapter, USB A/V adapter & base, power cable, installation & documentation CD and quick start guide.