Today we are unboxing another solid state drive. This time it is the Patriot Pyro SE, which is Patriot’s 3rd SATA 6GB/s drive. Their Wildfire drive uses Toshiba toggle memory, the original Pryo uses asynchronous memory and this drive will be using synchronous memory. This drive still features the SandForce SF-2281 controller and has read and write speeds of 550MB/s and 520MB/s respectively. Read on to check out our unboxing and overview of the 120GB version.
Product Link: Click Here
Provided By: Patriot
Information: The Patriot Memory Pyro SE is the perfect choice for those looking to upgrade to get blazingly fast start up times and near instantaneous access to their data. Powered by the latest SandForce® SF-2281 processor and utilizing the ultra-fast SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, The Pyro SE brings the improved performance of synchronous NAND to the brand offering Performance Users and Gamers the speed advantage they demand.
To ensure the Patriot Memory Pyro SE provides rock-solid performance, technologies like TRIM, DuraClass, and DuraWrite have been included. Offering read/write speeds of 500+ MB/s, the Pyro SE will chew through large file transfers and make even the most demanding applications a smooth experience.
With the Pyro SE, Patriot memory has continued pricing very aggressively to offer one of the best price-per-performance ratios on the market. Backed by Patriot Memory’s award winning build quality and 3-year warranty; the Patriot Memory Pyro SE will deliver one of the most reliable choices in performance class SSDs.
- SandForce SF-2200 series SSD processor paired with qualified MLC NAND flash for best performance, value and reliability
- SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s
- TRIM support (O/S dependent)
- DuraClass™ technology
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of SSDs
- Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management
- Intelligent “Recycling” for advance free space management (Garbage Collection)
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements)
- Intelligent Data Retention optimization
- Best-in-class ECC protection for longest data retention and drive life.
- Power/Performance Balancing
- Thermal Threshold Management
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) – Up to 32 commands
- ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bits correctable per 512-byte sector (BCH)
- Sequential Read & Write Transfer:
60GB model; Up to 550MB/s read | 500MB/s Write
240GB & 120GB models; 550MB/s read | 520MB/s Write
- Max Random Write IOPS:
60GB model; Up to 80K
240GB & 120GB models; Up to 85,000 (4K aligned)
- O/S Support: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / Mac® OS / Linux
Jul 31, 2014 0