We have always known Kingston for trying to make products that are affordable. They recently released a new solid state drive in their HyperX line. They are calling this new drive the HyperX 3K, where the 3K stands for the number of program / erase cycles the NAND inside is rated for. The original HyperX drive is rated for 5K program / erase cycles, so this drives is going to be less expensive, about $100 cheaper for the 240GB version. Read on to check out our unboxing & overview video.
Product Link: Click here
Provided By: Kingston
Information: Budget-minded gamers and enthusiasts will benefit from the lower price of Kingston’s new HyperX® 3K SSD. This solid-state drive combines premium 3000 program-erase cycle NAND with the second-generation SandForce® controller. Its lower price means more users can experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. 3K loads games and applications faster, increases frames per second (FPS) for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. HyperX 3K provides high-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance and blazing fast random and sequential read/write speeds. SandForce DuraClass™ technology provides the latest data integrity protection for ultimate endurance over the entire life of the drive. HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek, black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system. For added peace of mind, HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and legendary Kingston® reliability.
– SandForce controller technology
– High-speed SATA Rev 3.0 (6Gb/s) transfer speeds
– Advanced Wear-Leveling Technology
– User-Configurable Over Provisioning4
– Performance — incredible speeds for enhanced productivity
– Reliable — much less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
– Shock-Proof — dropping your notebook no longer means losing your data
– Cool & Quiet — runs silent and with no moving mechanical parts to generate heat
– Innovative — uses NAND Flash memory components
– Supports TRIM — enhances device wear leveling by eliminating merge operation for all deleted data blocks
– Supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology)
– Guaranteed — three-year warranty (KC100 features a five-year warranty), free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Dec 19, 2014 0
Dec 11, 2014 0