Akitio is a name you may not be familiar with, but they specialize in mainly storage products. These include professional as well as consumer-grade products. Today we are taking a look at a very cool enclosure for 2.5-inch hard drives. The Taurus Mini Super-S LCM will hold two 2.5-inch hard drives, has USB 2.0, eSATA and Firewire connections, supports RAID and also has a pretty cool LCD on the front. Read on to check out our unboxing and overview video.
Product Link: Click Here
Provided By: Akitio
Information: The Taurus Mini offers high performance with RAID 0 as well as secure data protection with RAID 1, a versatile interface for high speed data transfers and a built-in LCD display for the configuration of the device as well as the display of event messages. The 2.5″ SATA hard drives can be replaced easily due to the removable tray system and the drives are kept cool by the extra large heat sink.
– Configurable hardware RAID controller (RAID 1 mirroring and RAID 0 striping)
– LCD display for easy device configuration and access to detailed information about the drives
– Critical parameters such as HDD temperature can be monitored easily with help of the LCD display
– Utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD
– Versatile interface, including eSATA, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0
– Hardware acceleration of RAID rebuild
– 2TB volume option for systems that do not support large volumes
– Extra large heat sink for excellent heat dissipation
The Taurus Mini Super-S comes equipped with a built-in LCD display for easy device configuration, event messages and access to detailed information about the external hard drives. Critical parameters such as HDD temperature can be monitored easily with the help of the LCD display. It utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD.
Dual-Bay RAID Storage
The Taurus Mini Super-S comes with an extremely versatile interface, featuring eSATA, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 High Speed. To increase performance and data throughput, “RAID 0 – Striping” offers the ideal choice for your daily backup and other data transfers. For important data and reliability, you can’t beat the “RAID 1 – Mirroring” function, which will automatically create a copy of all the data in case one of the drives fails.
Oct 02, 2015 0