With the recent release of the i7 processors we’re starting to see a lot of CPU Coolers to back up their stunning performance. We have a chance to look at the Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ CPU Cooler which supports the i7 in addition to almost any other socket you can think of. It provides a secure installation and very low cooling temperatures. With features like a PWM fan, Heat Pipe Direct Touch, and a unique fin design will it really hold up to our testing? Read on to find out.
- Universal design: compatible with Intel LGA 775/1366 and AMD K8/AM2/AM3
- PWM intelligent controller: automatically adjust fan to provide wonderful balance between performance and rumble generated from CPU
- 12cm large fan : cover whole area for system cooling + Superior silent performance at 17dBA only
- Heat Pipe Direct Touch: provide the maximum heat conductivity and draw heat away immediately
- Unique fin design: reduce air resistance to enhance cooling performance
- For AMD Socket AM2+/AM2/AM3/940/939/754/K8
- For Intel Socket 775
- For Intel LGA 1366
Outline Dimension: 156 x 124 x 107mm
Fan Dimension: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Rated Voltage: 12V DC
Rated Current: 0.32A
Power Consumption: 3.84W
Rated Speed: 800~2200 RPM +/- 10%
Static Pressure: 0.02~ 0.11 InchH2O
Noise Level: <17.2 ~ <39dBA
Rotation Direction: Clockwise
No. of Pole: 4 Pole
Bearing Type: Z-axis Bearing
Life Time: 60,000 HOURS
The Titan Fenrir comes packed in a package not typical to CPU coolers. The Fenrir comes packaged in a sealed plastic package with no easy openings, but with a few slices of a knife you’ll have it opened up. The front of the package is very decorative and displays the Fenrir logo in addition to some feature badges. Doing a quick search why the Fenrir logo appeared to be an animal I found out that it’s actually supposed to be a monstrous wolf according to Wikipedia. The back of the package goes over the features of the Fenrir in multiple languages.
Once you get the packaging open you’ll find a plastic covering over the heatsink and another over the fan. You’ll also find the installation guide and hardware box full of hardware for all socket types.