Author: Greg Baden
[ad#review1000-top]Joysticks aren’t a common item around the reviewers circle, but there are those ones from time and time again, like the Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick we got a chance to review. It offers a total of 16 buttons on four different axes. A high precision of 256 million dots resolution blows other pro joysticks out of the water at their 1 million dots resolution. This ambidextrous joystick is very comfortable and easy to use. It includes a free copy of Tom Clancy’s HAWK PC, a combat style flight simulator. Read on further to see how well I did after eight years of not playing a flight simulator.
- Switch enabling users to configure the 12 buttons located on the base in a left- or right-handed position
- Exclusive precision technology: H.E.A.R.T. – HALLEFFECT ACCURATE TECHNOLOGY!
- Fully ambidextrous joystick!
- 16 action buttons!
- 4 independent axes
- Rudder controlled by rotating the stick
- Trigger for brakes (civilian flights) or rapid fire (military flights) control
- Multidirectional hat (for panoramic view)
- Wide hand rest for reduced stress
- Weighted base for enhanced stability
- Plug & Play device offering extremely simple and quick installation, with all features preconfigured for immediate and hassle-free takeoff!
The Thrustmaster T.1600M package is well designed. Since it includes a copy of Tom Clancy’s HAWX a sleeve surrounding the packaging helps promote the game. It shows the benefits of buying the game and the controller combined while mainly going over the game details. Underneath the sleeve is the Thrustmaster box which goes into the features and overview of the joystick.
Inside the box the controller rests with the HAWX game, joystick manual and some extra parts. These extra parts are used change the joystick from right-handed to left-handed.