Author: Derrick Ubbink
1. of a character or kind farthest removed from the ordinary or average.
2. utmost or exceedingly great in degree.
3. farthest from the center or middle; outermost; endmost.
4. farthest, utmost, or very far in any direction.
5. exceeding the bounds of moderation.
Here is a word that we are almost inundated with these days. It seems that everyone is so desperate to prove themselves unique they grasp at, and identify with, terms such as this. In the end, it just makes all such products blend together into a group identified with overly emphasised phrases and words.
And so it is with utter disdain for this products name that we present to you a 240mm closed loop liquid cooler brought to us by Thermaltake (Tt), the Water 2.0 Extreme. Read on to see if this “Extreme” truly is “of a character or kind farthest removed from the ordinary or average” or just an average cooling product to be avoided.
Traditional water cooling solutions require constant upkeep to prevent clogs or performance degradation. Thermaltake WATER2.0 Series of water cooling solutions are self-contained and proven to last.
WATER2.0 water cooling solutions offer the best of both worlds: performance and silent operation thanks to the highly efficient radiator and pump design.
Upgrading or switching between CPU platforms? No problem, WATER2.0 water cooling solutions are designed with universal mounting to support all available AMD and Intel desktop processors.
Users should not have to adapt to the tool they are using. Instead, WATER2.0 water cooling solutions all come with PWM-enabled fans so the cooling performance adapts to you. WATER2.0 Extreme also
comes with software-based control system that allows the user to fine-tune performance parameters.
Top of the line liquid cooler, Equipped with Power and Performance. No Refills Needed.
· High performance Copper base plate accelerates the heat conductivity.
· High reliability low profile pump provides quick liquid circulation lowering the temperature.
· Pre-filled coolant reduces the liquid replenishment hassle.
· Low evaporation tube decreases the loss of coolant effectively.
· The high-tech sealed circulation system prevents leaking issue.
240mm Radiator Doubles the Cooling Surface
· Powerful fan blows the heat of radiator out to the chassis to maximize cooling performance.
· PWM control function fan spins between 1200~2000rpm, can be adjusted on fan control software .
· Easy and simple installation methods.
· Fan control software (included), users can control, monitor and customize according to their desires.
Universal Socket Compatibility
Intel: LGA2011, LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155
AMD: FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2
The 2.0 Extreme comes in a box of generous proportions. Measuring 13.5”x9.5”x5.5” it’s obvious from the outside that there is going to be plenty of room inside for lots product and hopefully generous amounts of padding.
Looking at the box straight on we are treated to an overview of the entire cooling system sans the wiring. There is a splash of extra blue water edited into the bottom of the photo emphasising that this product is indeed a liquid cooling system. Also on the front is a short list of features and a logo exhibiting that the cooler is compatible with socket 2011.
Flipping the box over you’ll find the full list of features imposed over a photo of the loop expertly installed. Below this we are treated to a series of photos demonstrating what Tt perceives to be the coolers key features.
The final side worth mentioning is the left panel which contains this closed loops full set of technical features.
Now let’s take a look inside and see what Tt has provided.
The loop and all accessories are held in what has become the standard shipping container for these coolers. The shell is similar to a cardboard egg carton and is custom formed to hold all of the parts perfectly. These shells are great as they make packing and unpacking the product easy, as well as they are strong and serve to shield the liquid filled loop from damage.
Pulling everything from the shell we find the closed loop cooler itself, two Tt brand fans, a manual, fan control software on a disc, warranty, and a bag of accessories.
Further removing the accessories from the bag you will find a complete set of mounting pieces that make this cooler truly universal and cross platform.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Water 2.0 Extreme check below.