Today we have the opportunity to review the new Thermaltake MaxOrb EX CPU Cooler which is an extension of the quality proven MaxOrb. With an adjustable fan, pure copper construction, silent blue 120mm fan and a patented design, this CPU cooler certainly has a lot going for it. The Thermaltake R&D Manager claims that the “MaxOrb EX has been created from the Thermaltake belief in breaking of present cooling limits.” Does it perform up to his expectations? Read on further to see what we found in this review.
- Copper Construction, Copper Heatpipe, Fin, and Base, provides maximum heat conductivity and dissipation performance.
- 6 Distinct Designed Heatpipes* remove heat from source via 6 different channels.
- Mirror Coating Copper Base develops perfect heat dissipating contact
- Unique Radiant Heatpipes* penetrated fins transmit heat evenly and efficiently.
- Patented Radiate Design, embedded fan dissipates heat away from surrounding fins and immediate fins so as to enhance cooling.
- Silent & Overclocking Proof Solution
- Silent and powerful VRFanTM, 16dBA at minimum fan speed.
- Adjustable fan control to boost cooling performance at overclocking operation.
- The 110mm fan comes equipped with blue emitting LED lights.
- Core 2 Extreme (Socket LGA775)
- Core 2 Quad (Socket LGA775)
- Core 2 Duo (Socket LGA775)
- Pentium D (Socket LGA775)
- Pentium 4 (Socket LGA 775)
- Celeron D (Socket LGA775)
- Celeron (Socket LGA775)
- Phenom (Socket AM2, AM2+)
- Athlon 64 FX (Socket AM2/939)
- Athlon 64 X2 (Socket AM2/939)
- Athlon 64 (Socket AM2/939/754)
- Sempron (Socket AM2/754)
Heatsink Dimension: 143(L) x 144(W) x 95.2(H) mm
Heatsink Material: Copper/Aluminum Fins w/ Copper Base
Heatpipe: Copper Pipe 6 mm (x6)
Fan Dimension: 120 x 25 mm
Fan Speed: 1300 ~ 2000 RPM
Noise Level: 16 ~ 24 dBA
Max. Air Flow: 86.5 CFM
Max. Air Pressure: 2.22 mmH2O
LED Fan: Blue
Power Connector: 3 Pin
Rated Voltage: 12V
Started Voltage: 7V
Rated Current: 0.25 A
Power Input: 3W
MTBF: 50, 000 Hrs
Weight: 580 g
The Thermaltake MaxOrb EX comes packaged in a simple square container. The front shows the TT logo and some product information and informs the buyer of the patented design. The rear of the box displays the features of the CPU cooler and gives some pictures of it as well.
Once the cooler is pulled out of the box we also find with it a small white box which includes all of the components you’ll need for installation and the User Manual.
Mar 07, 2014 0
Mar 07, 2014 0
Mar 03, 2014 1
Feb 25, 2014 4