External hard drive enclosures have been around for quite a long time, I can always remember having one around to use as a backup or storage drive. With USB 3.0 becoming pretty much standard on all new motherboards new enclosures like Thermaltake’s Max 5G take advantage of the super fast speeds on USB 3.0. This new enclosure from Thermaltake features a super fast USB 3.0 connection, dual 80mm active cooling LED fans and support for SATA I, II and 6GB/s drives up to 2TB. Let’s take a look…
– Dual ultra-silent 80mm fans with blue LEDs ensure data integrity during file transferring between external hard disk and the host computer.
– Easily turn off blue LEDs with built-in switch on the back of the enclosure.
– Blazing file transfer speed utilizing the world’s fastest SuperSpeed USB 3.0 transfer speed of up to 5Gbps.
– Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0 (up to 480 Mbps) and USB 1.1 hosts.
– Supports for all 3.5” SATA I, II, and 6G Hard Drives up to 2TB.
– Includes shielded USB 3.0 cable to ensure maximum transfer speed with minimum distortion.
– Integrated stand easily twists out for added overall enclosure stability.
|Enclosure Interface||USB 3.0|
|Transfer Rate||USB 3.0: up to 5Gbps|
|HDD Compatible||SATA I / II / III|
|HDD Capacity||ALL SATA Drives|
|OS Compatible||Windows 7 / Vista & Max 10.3 and up|
|Material||Steel Mesh & Ruggedized Plastic|
|Power||-External Universal Switching Power Adapter|
-CE, FCC, GOST-R Certified
|Dimension||207 (L) x 145 (W) x 47 (H) mm|
8.14″ (L) x 5.7″ (W) x 1.85″ (H) in
|Accessory||-Premium Shielded USB 3.0 Cable|
|Fan||Dimension: 80 x 80 x 15 mm (x2)|
Speed: 800 RPM
Noise Output (free standing): 12 dBA
|Special Features||-Dual 80mm fans for accelerated heat dissipation|
-LED On/Off switch
-USB 3.0 SuperSpeed for blazing-fast data transfer
-Integrated/retractable foot stand.
The Max 5G comes in Thermaltake’s retail packaging. On the front there is a photo of the Max 5G and a list of features. On the back the specifications are listed.
Opening the box up everything inside is nicely protected. Inside you will find the Max 5G enclosure, USB 3.0 cable, power adapter, hex screwdriver, HDD spacing pads and a installation guide.