Thermaltake surprised everyone when they announced the Level 10 case. It was something that we had never seen before and was really a design marvel. While the case was truly amazing the price tag was not, not many people have $800 to drop on a case. Thermaltake knew this, but still loved the design of the Level 10 so they have released the Level 10 GT, which keeps some of the same styling of the original Level 10, but drops the price considerably. This case features 5 hot-swappable hard drive bays, USB 3.0 connectivity, three 200mm fans, and some cool lighting effects. Let’s check it out and see if Thermaltake has another winner.
- Performance cooling made quiet: one top 200mm exhaust fan, one front 200mm intake fan, one side 200mm intake fan and one rear 140mm exhaust fan.
- Hinged side panel to enable easier opening of the side door and access to computer for maintenance or upgrade.
- Dramatically improved cable management. User no longer “hides” the excessive cable on the back, the Level 10 GT features numerous holders designed into the chassis for cable management.
- Five hot-swappable hard drive bays, each with its dedicated backplane to support hot-swap. Hard drive mounting supports both 2.5″ or 3.5″ drives.
- Connectivity array. Four USB 2.0 ports are conveniently located on the front bezel including a pair of audio ports. Two USB 3.0 ports and one eSATA port located on the top.
- Water cooling ready – 120mm or 240mm radiators can be easily attached to the top side of the chassis (top 200m fan needs to be removed)
- Fan speed management control embedded. ColorShift fans can be easily controlled through controls on the top.
- Fully black-powdered interior.
|Case Type||Full Tower|
|Front Bezel Material||Plastic|
|Motherboard Support||Micro ATX
|5.25″ Drive Bay||4|
|Ext. 3.5″ Drive Bay||1|
|Int. 3.5″ Drive Bay||5|
|Front I/O Ports||USB 3.0 x 3
USB 2.0 x 4
eSATA x 1
HD Audio x 1
|Cooling System||Front (intake):
200 x 200 x 20 mm ColorShift Fan x 1 (600~800RPM, 13~15dBA)
|Liquid Cooling Capable||Yes|
|Liquid Cooling Embedded|
|Power Supply Supported||Standard PS2|
|Power Supply Included|
|Dimension (H*W*D)||584 x 282 x 590 mm|
|Net Weight||28.0 lbs|
|Security Lock||Front HDD Access
|Application||High Performance Gaming|
The Level 10 GT comes in Thermaltake’s typical retail packaging. On the front of the box there is a picture of the case and the large USB 3.0 logo. The back is the same as the front, but on the side of the box you have a list of features.
Opening the box up the case is well protected with large pieces of styrofoam and a cloth cover. I really do prefer cloth covers to the plastic ones.