Thermaltake is a name your might associate with CPU coolers and we sure have taken a look a quite a few of their coolers over the past few years. Today we have the opportunity to check out Thermaltake’s latest CPU cooler, the Frio. This powerful CPU cooler supports the latest processors, comes with two 120mm VR fans, and has high quality materials. The Frio is specifically designed for overclockers, boasting up to 220W of cooling power. Read on further to see how well this performs.
- Supports Intel Latest 6-Core Processors
- Ultimate Overclocking Thermal Structure Design
– excellent cooling capacity – supports 220W
– 0.5mm aluminum fins with large surface for heat dissipation
– 5 x Ø8 mm-U-shape copper heat pipes for accelerated heat conduction
– tower side flow design efficiently optimizes cooling performance
- Ultra Powerful Dual 120mm VR™ Fan and Eye-Catching Cover
– 120 mm VR™ Fan, adjustable between 1200 and 2500 RPM max. for best overclocking performance
– additional 120mm Fan enhances cooling performance
– black and red cooler top add aesthetical appearance
- Universal Socket Compatibility & Accessory Package
– universal socket support:
Intel: LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA775
AMD: AM3, AM2+, AM2
– premium thermal grease maximizes heat transfer from the CPU into the cooler copper base for rapid dissipation
The Frio comes packaged in an average sized container for a CPU cooler, but feels much heavier than most. This weight would seem appropriate since the cooler alone weights about 2.5lbs. The quality flip-top box follows the typical Thermaltake box design and includes a picture of the cooler and some key points of information. The back goes over the features and includes various images of the cooler.
Opening up the flip-top lid reveals a couple of pieces of soft foam which protect all of the components inside the box.