Hard drive docking stations started to appear more frequently about 2 years ago. A hard drive dock is something every system builder and most computer users should have. So often people need to get information off a hard drive and what easier way to do that than with a hard drive dock. The hard drive dock really has not changed that much, but with the introduction of USB 3.0 you are now able to get even faster speeds from hard drive docks. Today we will be taking a look at the BlacX 5G USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station from Thermaltake.
– Supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed – Maximum Transfer Rate up to 5.0 Gbps.
– Backward-Compatible with USB 2.0 (Max: 480 Mbps) & 1.1 (Max: 12 Mbps).
– Premium Shielded USB 3.0 Cable – Corrosion Resistant Plating & Heavy Gauge Wires for Years of Reliable Use.
– Plug & Play Installation – Ready to Work in seconds, No Software needed.
– Supports 2.5” & 3.5” SATA I/II/3.0 & SSD Hard Drives up to 2 TB.
– Hot-Swap Capability for Rapid Multi HDDs Access & Exchange.
– Trendy Docking Station Design maximizes Heat Dissipation & Exhaust.
– Windows & Mac OS Compatible.
– Windows 7 – 32 & 64-bit Ready !
– Supports SATA III (6 Gb/s) Hard Drives with maximum speed up to 5.0 Gb/s (maximum theoretical speed offered by USB 3.0).
The BlacX 5G comes in a typical Thermaltake retail package. On the front there is a photo of the docking station and some information. On the back there is a list of features in many different languages.
Opening the retail package inside we find the BlacX 5G docking station, power adapter, 2 hard drive silicon jackets (3.5-inch and 2.5-inch), a USB 3.0 cable and instructions.
Dec 19, 2014 0
Dec 11, 2014 0