As many of you know NVIDIA is one of the modern makers of graphics processing chips and are quite successful at it. For some reason they were not able to score a design win in the console market because of an under-powered CPU portion, even though their graphics chips are among the most powerful. At their recent quarterly earnings meeting company CEO Jen-Hsun stated that the latest mobile chips from NVIDIA are better than chips in current generation consoles in nearly all aspects.
One of the biggest features you will see talked about with DirectX 12 is asymmetric multi-GPU, which lets you mix and match different GPUs from both AMD and NVIDIA as long as they support a consistent feature-level. In the case of “Ashes of Singularity” that is Direct3D 12_0. In order for this to work you need two DirecX 12 graphics cards and of course a DirectX 12 application, don’t expect this to work on DirectX 11 games.
AMD’s 300 series has been overlooked by a lot of people. Their Fury series really took all of the spotlight, but not everyone has that much money to spend on a graphics card. If you are an AMD fan the 300 series still does have a lot to offer. Today we will be taking a look at a R9 380 graphics card, which is more or less a rebranded R9 285. The card is based on the 28nm process and features 1792 stream processors, 32 ROPs, 112 TMUs. On the review block today is the MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G graphics card. MSI has given this card their “Gaming” treatment, which we are big fans of. So you have the Twin Frozr V cooling solution, a factory overclock, fans that turn off when you are not gaming, and of course the MSI Gaming styling on the card itself. Let’s take a look and see what this card is all about!
A Reddit user has discovered a neat little tick that could potentially increase frame rates of NVIDIA GeForce users. The user discovered that disabling the “NVIDIA Streaming” Windows service (which is set up to start automatically and always run) will result in a 3-5% frame-rate increase.
It looks like NVIDIA is dominating the GPU market. According to the latest report from Jon Peddie Research (JPR) in Q3 of 2014 NVIDIA secured 76% of the GPU market share leaving AMD with just 24%. Both Matrox and S3 are now out of the game with Matrox losing its small 0.10% market share to NVIDIA.
Titanfall is probably one of the most anticipated games of 2014 and the Beta is going on right now. According to Redspawn Entertainment, the games developer the game will look the same on both PC and Xbox One.
It looks like we finally we know the codenames for the upcoming generation of AMD’s Radeon series including the desktop Volcanic Islands, Pirate Islands and the mobile Crystal series. This information has been leaked by 3DCenter.
ZOTAC International, a global innovator and manufacturer of graphics cards, mainboards and mini-PCs, today introduces the new GeForce GTX 660 and GeForce GTX 650 series for gamers and multimedia enthusiasts. The new ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 660 and GeForce® GTX 650 series enable gamers to enjoy the latest Microsoft DirectX 11-based titles at high-definition resolutions of 1080p for a fantastic gaming experience.
Just about a month ago NVIDIA announced the new Fermi GF110 GPU and the GeForce GTX 580 video card. This will be NVIDIA’s new flagship card replacing the older GTX 480. The GF100 GPU was never what NVIDIA meant it to be and they went back and revised it a little bit for this new line of cards. This means they were able to achieve higher clock speeds and all 512 CUDA cores are enabled. Today we will be looking at a reference model from Zotac, the ZT-50101-10P. Let’s see how this card compares to the competition.
AMD’s 6800 Series cards are finally here! If you have been following the news over the past couple of weeks you know that today AMD will be launching the HD 6870 and HD 6850 graphics cards. These new cards are in no way a replacement for AMD’s 5800 Series of cards, but more or less a refresh. They are still built on 40nm, but it seems AMD has focused more on efficiency and some other refinements. With this refresh AMD hope to put themselves back in the graphics lead if they are not there already. Today we will be looking at the HD 6850 from our friends at Sapphire. This card features a clock speed of 775MHz for the core and 1000MHz for the memory. Let’s check it out!
Feb 05, 2016 0
Feb 04, 2016 0
Feb 01, 2016 0
Jan 27, 2016 0