The home theater PC (HTPC) market is still very big and almost everyone I know these days have some sort of computer connected to their TV. With HDMI you can easily connect any PC to your TV for easy viewing of movies, TV shows, YouTube and much more. The thing is no one wants an ugly tower sitting next to their TV stand. For this reason the HTPC case was created. SilverStone’s Grandia Series is their line of mainstream HTPC cases and today we are taking a look at the Grandia Series GD08. The GD08 features support for motherboards up to extended ATX, room for up to 12 hard drives, USB 3.0 support and a sleek brushed aluminum front bezel. Read on as we take a look at the GD08!
– Positive air pressure design for excellent cooling/quietness and dust-prevention
– Support expansion cards up to 13.6 inches
– Supports Extended ATX motherboard
– Quick access filters to prevent dust buildup
– Aluminum front panel with premium styling
– LED indicator with adjustable brightness
– Impressive storage capacity of up to twelve drive bays
The GD08 comes in a very nice retail box with a picture of the case on the front a list of features and they let you know that it is USB 3.0 ready. Looking at the side of the case there is even more information and the features are listed in quite a few different languages.
As you go to open the box you will see a warning that lets you know this is a unique product and to read the manual before going ahead with installation. Once you open the box up you can see that the case is nicely protected with 2 large pieces of styrofoam and a plastic bag.
Mar 05, 2015 0
Mar 05, 2015 0