Internet security should be at the forefront of any business owner’s mind, with conscious effort being made to ensure your customers are well protected. If you’re planning to sell a product or advertise a service to customers that requires sensitive data to be passed between the web browser and the server, online security is essential.
The main element you will need to invest in is a SSL certificate. The aim of this piece of code is to verify the authenticity of the website owner, as well as encrypting any sensitive data, such as credit card details and personal login information. You can find SSL encryption tips and advice online which will help you make an informed choice.
If you have the budget to invest in the best SSL certificate available, you should take a look at the Extended Validation certificates from Symantec. These in-depth certificates ensure that fraudulent applicants won’t slip through the net, because the Certificate Authority uses further criteria to confirm authorship.
The top security features of Extended Validation are:
- Up to 256-bit encryption. Secure Site Pro EV ensures that older browsers are able to cope with the maximum encryption too.
- The highest level of authentication available on the market at the moment.
- Full authenticity of the business to instil absolute peace of mind into your customers.
- A green browser bar provides a visible indicator of the website’s security.
- A vulnerability assessment
- Extended warranty of $1.5m that will protect against losses suffered from a breach by VeriSign.
- Seal-in Search which will appear in search results next to your link.
- The Norton Secured Seal – one of the most recognised trust seals in the world.
- Daily scanning of your site for malware
- 24/7 customer support so that help is there when you need it.
Use a reputable Certificate Authority so that you know you can trust your investment. Whether it’s Extended Validation or a standard SSL package, there are plenty of options to suit your requirements and your budget.