Author: Bob Buskirk
- Setup & Included Software
- Testing - HD Tune & ATTO
- Testing - Sandra & CrystalDiskMark
- Final Thoughts
Seagate’s FreeAgent series has been around for quite some time, this is Seagate’s most popular series of external drives. FreeAgent GoFlex drives have a very cool plug and play design that allows you to change interfaces for the fastest speeds possible. They also come with included software that makes encryption and creating backups very easy. Today we are checking out the larger 2TB USB 3.0 Desk version of the drive. Is this the perfect external drive for you? Let’s check it out and see! Special thanks to Geeks.com for providing us with the Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive to review. Geeks.com is a great place to find external hard drives.
- Features USB 2.0 or 3.0 plug–and–play connectivity
- Ensures automatic continuous backup and protects your privacy with powerful encryption software
- Lets you upgrade to a faster interface to increase your transfer speeds when paired with another GoFlex Desk desktop adapter
- Includes an illuminated capacity gauge
|Height||158mm (6.22 in)|
|Width||124mm (4.88 in)|
|Length||44mm (1.73 in)|
|Weight (typical)||1080g (2.38 lb)|
|Shipping Weight||1.080kg (2.381 lb)|
|Encryption||192-bit Triple DES|
|Automatic Backup Software||PC & Mac|
We received the Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex from Geeks.com and just to show you what it is like to get a product from Geeks.com we made an unboxing video of this product. Check it out below.
As I stated in the video the drive had no physical defects or even scratches on it. Besides the drive you also get the power adapter and USB 3.0 cable.