[ad#review1044-top]When I was asked to take a look at a couple of Samsung LCD monitors, as usual I jumped on whichever one was the larger size. In this case it would be the Samsung P2370HD though when I received it a few days later little did I realize at the time that this particular monitor would be a HDTV, bonus right?
Over the course of my computer experience I have always enjoyed using and looking at Samsung LCD monitors. I have always found that they produce a bright, sharp and vivid display without having to break the bank and I was looking forward to test driving the P2370HD to see if Samsung has been keeping up with its quality for well built displays.
Features and Specifications
Typically LCD Monitors have a list of features and specifications that people will usually browse over such as maximum resolution, response time, colour depth and contrast ratio. With the P2730HD there are a couple more features and specifications, because after all this monitor is an HDTV with its included HD Tuner.
- Screen size: 23-inch wide-aspect
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: DC 50,000:1 (1000:1)
- Response Time: 5 ms
- Viewing angle: 170 degrees horizontal / 160 degrees vertical
- Video signal input(s): analog RGB, DVI, HDMI, component, TV (digital & analog)
- Connector(s): D-sub, DVI-D, HDMI, composite, DTV tuner, optical out, audio in, headphone out
- Power consumption: 51W / < 2W standby
- Multimedia speakers: Yes
- Optional Accessories: remote controller
- Product Weight: 12.8lbs / 16.5lbs shipping
- Stand: tilt 0-20 degrees
What comes in the box?
The one thing I noticed right away before I even got to the monitor when I opened the box was that Samsung included an HDMI cable. I would have thought that would be something someone would have to go out and purchase separately so it is really nice to know that Samsung has included this.
Along with the HDMI cable is the LCD monitor itself, the base, AC power cable, remote control (batteries are included), and the user guide on CD.
The only assembly required is attaching the base to the monitor, which is simple and easy to do. Just make sure you attached the neck of the stand to the monitor and then plunk it down into the base and screw securely. Don’t worry; tools are not needed at all.