When it comes to SATA 6GB/s solid state drives or solid state drives in general there are a few names that come to mind, OCZ, Kingston and Patriot are just a few but Samsung is not really one of the them. For the consumer market Samsung gave us the 470 series drive and now they have entered the SATA 6GB/s segment with the 830 series. What is interesting about this drive is that it uses Samsung’s own controller, NAND and DRAM. Something we have not seen on any solid state drive that we have reviewed. The 830 series has rated speeds of 520MB/s read and 320MB/s write. Let’s see how this drive stacks up against other SATA 6GB/s drives that we have tested.
– Solid State Drive with Notebook Upgrade Kit, SATA – SATA III (6Gb/s)
– 2.5″ 7mm (Ultraslim) Form Factor
– 830 Series
– 128GB Capacity
– Up to 520MB/s Sequential Read Speed
– Up to 320MB/s Sequential Write Speed
– 80K IOPS Random Read Speed
– 30K IOPS Random Write Speed
– .15W Power Consumption
– 5V ± 5%
– Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista, XP, MAC OSX, Linux Hardware Compatibility
– Weighs 0.13 lbs.
– 3 Years Warranty
– Drive, USB to SATA Cable, Drive Spacer for 9.5mm drive bays, Norton Ghost 15, SSD Magician 3.0, Documentation
The 830 Series drive comes in a rather large retail box for a solid state drive. This drive is actually the laptop drive upgrade kit. On the back there is a list of features and specifications.
To give you a good idea of how the 830 Series comes and a brief overview check out our unboxing and overview video below.
May 22, 2015 0
May 22, 2015 0