We mainly know Raidmax for their cases, but they also make power supplies. When talking about power supplies many people go for the highest wattage possible, but many people will never use that wattage in a 1200W+ unit. 1000W units are perfect for systems with multiple graphics cards and other demanding components. The RX-1000AE from Raidmax is a 1000W unit that is semi-modular, has an 80PLUS Gold certification, and a silent 135 mm cooling fan. What’s even better is that this unit is currently selling for around $150. Not bad for a 1000W unit with these features, but will the RX-1000AE make it through our tests? Read on as we find out!
– Modularized Cable design for easy cable management and improved airflow inside the case.
– Environmental friendly technology reduces the loss of electricity and save your money on facility bill and High Efficiency.
– ATX 12V EPS12V: Supports ATX 12V2.3 version and EPS12V 2.92 version.
– Active PFC, Quad+12v Rails. Design supports all HIGH-END Multi-Core GPU graphic cards.
– Optimized Silent Design 135 MM Fan maximizes the airflow and minimizes the noise.
– PCI-E Dedicated PCI-Express VGA Connector for high performance interface VGA Card Extended Power.
– High compatibility. (3.3v, 5v, 12v, with standby design)
– Industrial grade protection circuitry Prevents damage resulting from SCP, OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP.
– 80 PLUS GOLD Certified for energy saving
The RX-1000AE comes in some rather unique packaging. It is actually designed to look like a toolbox. It makes it very easy to carry the unit around and can be used after to store and carry your computer accessories.
Opening it up inside you will find everything nicely organized inside. Getting it all out you have the RX-1000AE power supply, modular cables, power cable, thumbscrews, normal screws, a vibration dampener, two sets of velcro ties and a user’s manual. I have to say Raidmax has included some great accessories that you normally don’t see included with power supplies.
For a full unboxing and overview of the RX-1000AE be sure to check out our video below.
Feb 05, 2016 0
Feb 04, 2016 0
Feb 01, 2016 0
Jan 27, 2016 0