System Overview & Testing Procedures
With all new SATA 6GB/s solid state drives if you want to achieve the best performance you are going to want to test them on a second generation Intel Core system. So we will be testing it on our new Intel P67 test system, which is comprised of the following components.
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti AMP!
Power Supply: Corsair TX650 650W Power Supply
Storage: Western Digital 1TB SATA 6GB/s hard drive
Optical: ASUS Blu-ray drive
Cooling: Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler
Case: Thermaltake Armor A60
Opening up CrystalDiskInfo we can see all the information about the drive. As you can see this drive does support TRIM as all new solid state drives do.
For testing the drive we will be using the following benchmarking programs, we have provided links to each so you can run the benchmarks as well.
- HDTune Pro (download)
- Sandra Physical Disks Benchmark (download)
- ATTO Disk Benchmark (download)
- CrystalDiskMark 64bit (download)
- AS SSD Benchmark (download)
- Anvil Storage Utility Professional (download)
We also made these optimization changes…
- No power saving options in the BIOS
- ACHI enabled in the BIOS
- Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
- Windows 7 power saving settings are disabled
For comparison we will be testing the Wildfire 120GB drive against these other solid state drives.
Now on to testing!
Mar 07, 2014 0
Mar 07, 2014 0
Mar 03, 2014 1
Feb 25, 2014 4