DDR3 has really taken off in the past year and it only seemed like a little while ago 1333MHz DDR3 was the standard, but now it seems like 1600MHz DDR3 is now. While the 1600MHz memory is fine for most people us enthusiasts want the fastest memory possible for our system to run at its best. Today we will be looking at a very fast memory kit from Patriot. It is their Viper Xtreme PC3-16000 (2000MHz) 6GB triple channel kit with timings of 9-10-9-27. Let’s take a look at this kit and see what it can do!
Special thanks to Patriot for providing us with the Viper Xtreme DDR3-2000 6GB Triple Channel Memory Kit to review.
– Extreme Performance PC3-16000 (2000MHz)
– Enhanced Latency (9-10-9-27)
– Voltage: 1.65V
– XMP Ready
– Equipped with an extruded aluminum shield build around a copper core to provide improved cooling
– 100% Tested and Verified
– RoHS Compliant
– Tested on Intel® X58 chipset w/ Intel® Core™ i7 CPUs
* Requires 64-bit Operating System for full memory capacity to be recognized
The Viper Xtreme came to us in normal retail packaging that has a picture of the memory on the front and a sticker with the capacity and speed of the memory. On the back there is a little bit of information on the kit.
Opening the package up the 6GB kit is in a plastic clamshell for protection.
Apr 29, 2016 0