A lot of CPU coolers are now coming out with the ability to cool not only the CPU, but the surrounding areas as well; the Cooler Master GeminII S is one of these. A standard 120mm fan is installed and keeps the CPU pretty cool, but purchasing an additional set of 80mm or 92mm fans can provide for an excellent board cooler as well. This is a great starter CPU cooler for those looking to get some pretty good cooling for a reasonable price. Read on further to find out more information.
- Intel Socket LGA775
- AMD Socket (AM2/ 940/939/754) CPU Support:
- Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo
- Pentium Extreme, Pentium Dual-Core, Pentium D, Pentium 4
- Celeron Dual-Core, Celeron D, Celeron
- AMD Phenom
- Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon X2
- Sempron Dimensions: 124 x 120.8 x 75 mm Weight: 560 g Heat Sink Dimensions: 124 x 118.4 x 62 mm Heat Sink Material: Copper base/ 5 heatpipes/Aluminum fin Heat Pipes Dimensions: 6 mm Fan Dimension (W / H / D): 120 x 120 x 25 mm Fan Speed: 1000~2000 R.P.M. Fan Airflow: 69.69CFM Fan Air Pressure: 2.94 mmH2O Bearing Type: Long life sleeve Fan Life Expectancy: 40,000 hours Fan Noise Level (dB-A): 17~21 dBA Connector: 4-pin ( PWM Mode) Fan Speed Adjustment: PWM Rated Voltage: 12 V Start Voltage: 7 V Operating Voltage: 10.8~13.2 V Rated Current: 0.35 A Input Power: 4.2 W
The Cooler Master GeminII S CPU + Board Cooler comes packaged in a smaller retail package than we've seen over the past couple of CPU cooler reviews. The front of the package shows the GeminII S. The sides provide some additional information regarding cooling temperatures and applications. The back of the packaging goes into more detail with the features and specifications.
The cooler is tightly packed inside of the box in its own compartment. Right next to it the parts needed for installation are just as tightly packed in together.