NZXT has recently been coming out with some great mid tower cases. ThinkComputers got the chance to take a look at the new NZXT Tempest case. This case is probably different than most other cases you've seen because it has a bottom, rather than top, mounted PSU. It also includes plenty of features for overclockers, water coolers, and storage fanatics, while still displaying a sleek design. NZXT calls this the "Airflow King" because it includes SIX 120mm and larger fans. Don't worry, they're probably quieter than the case you have right now.
- Dual radiator ready: The NZXT Tempest is pre-drilled for mounting a dual 120mm radiator at the top of the chassis, currently compatible and tested with Swiftech MCR220, Asetek Dual radiator solution, and Thermaltake TMG2.
- Airflow King: Dual 120mm intake, Dual 140mm exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan all included.
- Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support allows more compatibility with high end components including large graphics cards
- Easier accessibility & cable management: Cable routing is pre-drilled on the motherboard so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing more a cleaning look and better airflow. Power, E-SATA, USB and Reset buttons are mounted at the top to give better accessibility.
- Bottom mounted PSU: PSU mounting at the bottom allows for more security and separation of heat from the CPU
- Server-like HDD space: Dual 120mm fans cool cages that hold up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures
- Overclocking and water cooling friendly: The Tempest is predrilled for water cooling tube access and supports a dual 120mm radiator at the top panel
Model: Tempest Series
Case Type: Mid Tower Steel
Front Panel Material: Plastic
Dimensions (W x H x D): 211.5 X 521.5 X 562 mm
- 2 x 120 mm Blue LED Front Intakes (Included)
- 2 x 140 mm Black Top Exhausts (Included)
- 1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust (Included)
- 1 x 120mm Blue LED Intake Side (Included)
- 3 External 5.25" Drive Bays ( up to six 5.25" )
- 1 3.5" External bracket
- 8 Internal 3.5" Drive Bays
- Screwless Rail Design
Material: Steel Construction
Expansion Slots: 7
Power Supply: 500 Watt PS2 ATX 12V 2.0 ( Optional )
Weight: 11.2 KGS (W/O Power)
Motherboard Support: E-ATX ATX, MICRO-ATX, BABY AT
Every NZXT case that I have come across seems to have the same style of packaging. The Tempest comes packed in a typical case box with a handle. The design on the box is fairly simple; a plain white background with an Image of the Tempest case lit up on both the front and back of the case. The back covers the features of the case while the two sides display the specifications.
The case comes well packed with soft foam on either side while some of the case is protected by plastic. Inside the box we also find the manual and a box which contains the hardware for the case. NZXT was also nice enough to separate the types of screws and label the pouches that they were in.