A little while ago, ThinkComputers reviewed the Zalman ZM500-HP 500W power supply unit. This time around, Zalman, maker of fine cooling products and power supplies, submitted for review a more powerful, but louder version of its line of power supply units, the ZM850-HP 850W. This 80PLUS-certified unit has lots of connectivity with its modular design, and two heatpipes and an ultra-quiet fan keep the unit virtually silent. The review is here.
Features & Specifications
- Dual Heatpipes Installed for Maximum Cooling Performance and Ultra-Quiet Operation
- Improved Power Factor & Reduced Harmonics through Active PFC
- High Efficiency Design and 80 PLUS Certified
- Ultra Quiet 140mm Fan
- Standby Noise Filter Switch
- Six Independent +12VDC Outputs
- Gold-Plated Terminals & 16AWG Wires
- Sleeved Cables
- Multiple Safety Features : Over-Voltage Protection, Over-Current Protection, Short-Circuit Protection, Under-Voltage Protection, Over- Temperature Protection
- WEEE & RoHS
The ZM850-HP is larger than most PSUs of similar wattage, so the box is larger. It, however, does have a handle and looks quite similar to the ZM500-HP box. Displayed is the unit, as well as the three-year warranty and 80PLUS certification. The rear of the box highlights some of the features listed above.
The unit and its accessories are split into two boxes: one for the unit itself and one for the modular cables, power cord, and screws. There's also a fan connector adapter with room for two fans.
Page 2 ---->
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcvb3'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/thinkcom/public_html/old/comments.php on line 13
Could not connect to DB server!