South Korea-based Zalman is most well-known for its cooling products, but it makes a line of power supplies, as well. The ZM500-HP is Zalman's 500 watt unit. Zalman's main selling points for the series are its high efficiency and ultra-quiet heat pipe cooling system. Additionally, it's modular! Read on for the review.
Features & Specifications
- Heatpipes Installed for Maximum Cooling Performance and Ultra-Quiet Operation
- Improved Power Factor & Reduced Harmonics through Active PFC
- High Efficiency Design
- ATX20+4 Pin Main Connector
- Supports ATX12V CPU 4-Pin and EPS12V CPU 8-Pin
- Dual PCI Express VGA Power 6-Pin Connector
- Modular Cables
- Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan
- Two Independent +12VDC Outputs
- EZ Grip Connectors for ODDs & HDDs
- Gold-Plated Terminals
- Sleeved Cables
- Multiple Safety Features
- Internal Blue LED
- WEEE & RoHS
The ZM500-HP's box has a plethora of information about the unit within. It depicts the PSU's heatsink in the most favorable angle, showing off the cool operation of it. Also, a large three year warranty sticker is quite prominent. The rear of the box highlights the unit's modularity, efficiency, and blue LEDs.
The box is quite well-packed, as there is a lot of stuff within: the ZM500-HP, a power cable, screws, a short manual, and these modular cables: two 2x 4-pin + floppy cables, one 3x 4-pin cable, two 3x SATA cables, and one PCI-Express 6-pin connector. This is in addition to the 6-pin PCI-Express, 4+4 CPU, and 20+4 mainboard connectors that are permanently attached to the unit.