I guess that the "personal media player", generically known to most as an iPod, probably is second only to the cell phone as the most common digital item. Most technologically aware people I know carry them, a majority of young people whose parents can afford them, and I know a few older people that own them that I find a little surprising.
Personally, though I do own one, I seldom carry it, as I can't use it at work, I don't presently run, speedwalk, or bike (though I very much need to do all of the above), in the car, I am listening to some kind of talk show or in deep thought, and at home, I am usually sitting in front of my computer, which is set up for music listening, and everyone else in the house is usually ok with what I happen to be listening to at the time.
There are other brands of MP3/MP4 players besides those built by Apple, and one brand, more popular in Asia than in the states, is Meizu.
- Supports DRM10 and Microsoft MTP
- 2.4" 260K-color QVGA (320x240) large and vibrant TFT-LCD screen.
- User-defined EQ, adjustable bass boost
- Hi-Fi treble & bass compensation system
- Various EQ modes Including: Normal, Rock, Jazz, Classic, POP, Bass, Disco, User1, User2, User3
- Unique design and Super Mini Aluminum alloy body
- High speed USB2.0 interface. High capacity USB flash storage for mobile disk.
- Clock setting. Screen Saver Settings
- Super FM stereo radio function, supports auto searching tune channels and channels management as well as FM Recording (with 30 preset channels)
- Built-in Microphone supports high quality recording, up to 9 hours of long recording time
- Calculator function and Game function
- Headphone supported
- Dynamic graphics menu. Human user operating interface.
- Supports various music formats, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, etc.Movie playback, supports AVI format.
- Dynamic Playlist supported. Synchronized Song Lyric Showing. TXT View
- Photo album + Slide show: BMP, JPG, GIF formats
- Long playback time
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery, plays up to 36 hours
- Multi-language Supported. ID3V2, ID3V1, Filename Supported, There are English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages
- Innovative power supply design, reducing the interferences and noises. High precise electronic components coupled with 8 layers PCB ensure the clearness of sound quality.
- Enhanced Integrated Navigator, Jog lamp ON time control
- Play/Pause, Stop/Power OFF, Recording Next Track/Previous Track Fast Forward/Fast Rewind, Scroll speed. Infinite Loop
- Resume function. Auto Power OFF. Hold function
- Value-added Service,Software Upgradeable. Free driver USB connector
- SN Ratio: >90dB
- Frequency range: 20Hz~20kHz
- Weight: 55g
- Compact size: Approx. 79mm*48.2mm*10mm(H*W*T)
- Product info display (Software version, Memory Usage)
- Windows98 SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac and Linux OS
My SP came well protected in this white box. Not a lot of information here, though I gathered from the icons on the box that it contained some printed material, headphones, a minidisk, and it supports USB 2.0.
Included with the M6 is a lanyard, a soft case, a driver minidisk, a cleaning cloth, earbuds and an extra pair of covers, and user's manual.