Every now and then, a little-known company comes out of the ether and delivers a product that is revolutionary. Mvix believes its MV-5000U media-playing hard enclosure is a candidate for these laurels. Once the end-user installs a hard drive in the MV-500U, he or she can use it for storage or, when combined with a television, as a portable media player (one can even put it in a car!). However, the MV-5000U isn't all it's cracked up to be, but shows promise. Read on to find out why.
Features & Specifications
- Product Name: Mvix MV-5000U Multimedia Player w/ FM
- Video and Audio Output: RCA L/R, Coaxial, Optical(5.1ch), RCA Y, Pr, Pb, S-Video, IR-Ext
- PC Interface: USB 2.0 (Backward Compatible to USB 1.1)
- Supported Files & Formats: Video: MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, DivXr 3.11, 4x, 5x, XviD, DVD(IFO, VOB), ISO. Audio: AC3, MP2, MP3, DTS pass through, WMA, OGG, M3U Subtitles: SMI, SRT, SUB Image: JPEG/JPG
- Screen Aspect Ratio: 16:9 / 4:3 Letter Box / Pan Scan
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, or AUTO
- LCD Display: 128 X 64 mm
- Upscaling: 1920 X 1080i, 1280 X 720p
- Hard-Disk Type: 3.5" Internal IDE (PATA)
- Power External: 12V DC adapter
- Package: MV-5000U, Stand, Remote control, Bag, A/V cables, USB cable.
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 6 x 2.5 inches
The MV-5000U arrived at ThinkComputers in a nondescript white box: no markings, no pictures, no specs. Inside the box, there was the item, a vertical stand, a remote control, composite A/V cables, a CD with Windows 98 drivers and product manuals on it, a printed manual, and a USB cable.
For those interested, the manual is written in English and Korean.
Real Time Pricing
Page 2 ---->
Could not connect to DB server!