Hard drive enclosures are becoming more and more popular as days progress. Why though? Because a lot of people today are on the move and need more storage than your average USB Flash Drive. The Antec MX-1 Actively Cooled Hard Drive Enclosure offers many features for the everyday user. Some features that we don't see a lot of on most other enclosures are an eSATA connection, on/off switch, the capability to stay cool, yet quiet at the same time.
- Compatible with 3.5" SATA Hard Drive
- Dual output interface - USB2.0 and eSATA (external Serial ATA) allows you to transfer data up to 480Mbps or 3Gbps respectively
- Support up to 750G SATA hard disk drive
- RAID capable with motherboard or RAID controller cards
- Unique HDD cooler brings fresh air in and around the HDD for maximum cooling to protect your valuable asset
- Two layer (plastic with aluminum) structure upper and lower covers to absorb HDD and fan noise
- Carbon-glass filled frame to reinforce the strength of the whole enclosure
- Built-in silicone pad to absorb HDD noise
- Included USB cable, eSATA cable, and eSATA bracket to convert internal SATA to eSATA
- Stand included
- Very quiet fan operation - under 22 dBA
- Noise Level: 20 dbA with the blower on inside the enclosure
- Supports Windows 2000 / XP / ME / VISTA
- Dimensions: 21.9 x 14.6 x 5.7 cm
Cool and Quiet Computing Features
- Blower fan keeps your hard drive cool and improves performance
- Silicone grommets to isolate drive vibrations
- Dual layer top and bottom panels absorb vibration and deaden fan noise
- Keeps hard drives up to 15C cooler, improving the hard drive's stability and lifespan
The Antec MX-1 comes in an eye appealing retail package. The box features a cool blue theme which is probably supposed to represent the hard drive being actively cooled. Like most retail packaging this box has many specifications on the box. It clearly brings out the features and states what is actually in the box.
Inside the box we find all of our components neatly wrapped in some shape or another. Inside the box we get the hard drive enclosure, eSATA cable, USB cable, power cord, power adapter, eSATA PCI bracket, and four screws to hold in the hard drive.
We also find the set of instructions and a detailed parts list that also tells you exactly what part goes where.
Real Time Pricing
Page 2 ---->
Could not connect to DB server!