The X-QPack 2 small form factor mATX case from Apevia is the company's latest chassis offering. Apevia is the new name for Aspire International, which was known for its X-Dreamer and X-Infinity series of cases, as well as fans and other accessories. This review checks out the X-QPack 2, which is the new version of the original X-QPack case. It features a new design, better power supply, and even more style than the original X-QPACK. Let's take a look!
- Compact, portable and tasteful design
- 3 x side see-through windows
- Front 2 x USB2.0, 2 x Audio, 1 x Firewire
- 1 x front LCD temperature readout
- 1 x 120mm blue UV LED fan at rear
- 1 x 80mm blue UV fan at front
- Sturdy steel handle for carrying around
- 5 x drive bays: 2*5.25" + 1*3.5" + 2*3.5"(int)
- ATX 500W power supply with 120mm fan
- Removable motherboard tray for easy installation
- Aluminum contracted for best cooling
The X-QPack 2 arrived in a colorful box bearing the Apevia logo and oodles of information about the case, most of which can be found in the aforementioned specifications section of the review. There's a handy carrying handing on the top, which some users might enjoy if they regularly pack up the X-QPack 2. Notably, and probably UPS's fault, there is a large gash in the top of the box.
This did not bode well for the contents of the box-hopefully Apevia packed the X-QPack 2 really well. Upon opening the box, I saw that the ends of the case were well-protected, but the middle wasn't. There's a small dent in the case. I'd hoped that a dent wouldn't be visible, but it is, and quite so.
Inside the box, there was the X-QPack 2, a bag of screws, and a user's manual. I rarely say anything about the manuals that come with the products I review-who reads the manuals?-but this very thin manual caught my eye. I first looked to see how many languages in which the manual was written (just English). However, unlike many manuals, this one is full color and graphical. I'm impressed. Those who don't really know how to install parts into a computer will find themselves enlightened.
Real Time Pricing
Page 2 ---->
Could not connect to DB server!