System Overview & Testing Procedures
Our test system is comprised of an Intel Core i7-965 Extreme processor, Gigabyte X58A-UD5 motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card, 6GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 memory, 750GB SATA drive, Blu-ray drive, 1000W Zalman power supply all inside the Antec Six Hundred V2 case.
When you first install the RevoDrive X2 Windows will not recognize it. You will need to install the drivers, which are located here. Once you install them you will be ready to use the drive.
Opening up the info tab in HDTune Pro we can see all the information about our drive. This drive does NOT support the Windows TRIM command, but does support idle garbage collection. This is something you might want to keep in mind.
For testing the drive we will be using the following benchmarking programs, we have provided links to each so you can run the benchmarks as well.
– HDTune Pro (download)
– Sandra Physical Disks Benchmark (download)
– ATTO Disk Benchmark (download)
– CrystalDiskMark 64bit (download)
– AS SSD Benchmark (download)
– AIDA64 Disk Benchmark (download)
We also made these optimization changes…
– No power saving options in the BIOS
– ACHI enabled in the BIOS
– Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
– Windows 7 power saving settings are disabled
For comparison we will be testing the RevoDrive X2 drive against these other solid state drives.
No on to testing!