OCZ is no stranger to creating some of the fastest solid state drives available. We know this from our reviews of the original RevoDrive and the Vertex 3 drive. Today OCZ has sent us their X2 version of the RevoDrive, which is to be faster and available in larger capacities. It boasts max speeds of 740MB/s read and 720MB/s write and capacities of up to 960GB. If you are a person that always needs to have some of the fastest components available in your system then the RevoDrive X2 is for you. Let’s see if it will become the fastest solid state drive we have tested to date!
– Available in 100GB to 960GB (1TB) capacities
– PCI-Express interface (x4)
– For use as primary boot drive or data storage
– 4 x SATA
– Internal RAID 0
– 181.07 (L) x 21.59 (W) x 125.08mm (H)
– Shock Resistance: 1500g
– Seek Time: 0.1 ms
– Operating Temp: 0°C ~ +70°C
– Storage Temp: -45°C ~ +85°C
– Power Consumption: 4.3W Idle, 8.3W active
– MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
– 3-Year Warranty
– Compatible with Windows XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64
The packaging for the RevoDrive X2 looks almost exactly identical to the packaging for the original RevoDrive. On the front there is a large RevoDrive logo and on the back there is some information about the drive and a sticker which shows you the capacity and specifications.
Opening the box up there is another one inside with the RevoDrive nicely packed inside of an antistatic bag. If you take everything out you have the RevoDrive X2, a sticker that says “My SSD is Faster than your HDD” and an installation guide.
Oct 14, 2014 0
Oct 14, 2014 0
Oct 13, 2014 0