Author: Bob Buskirk
- Overview & Installation
- System Overview & Testing Procedures
- Testing - HDTune Pro
- Testing - ATTO Disk Benchmark & CrystalDiskMark
- Testing - Sandra Physical Disks & AS SSD Benchmark
- Final Thoughts
System Overview & Testing Procedures
Our test system is comprised of an Intel Core i7-965 Extreme processor, Gigabyte X58A-UD5 motherboard, Sparkle Calibre X480 GeForce GTX 480 video card, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, 750GB SATA drive, Blu-ray drive, 1000W Zalman power suppy all inside the BitFenix Colossus case.
We usually use CrystalDiskInfo to get all the information about our test drives, but for some reason it did not see our drive, so we used the info pane in HDTune. One interesting thing to note is that this drive does not support TRIM, which means performance will be degraded over time.
For testing the drive we will be using the following benchmarking programs, we have provided links to each so you can run the benchmarks as well.
We also made these optimization changes…
- No power saving options in the BIOS
- ACHI enables in the BIOS
- Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
- Windows 7 power saving settings are disabled
For comparison we will be testing the RevoDrive 50GB against these other SandForce-based drives…
Now on to testing!