Over the past year we have looked at quite a few solid state drives. The big thing this year was the introduction of the SandForce controller into just about every different manufacturer’s drives. OCZ is one such manufacturer, but they have done something different with RevoDrive. The RevoDrive is not an ordinary 2.5-inch SATA drive we are used to seeing, it is a a 4x PCI-Express expansion card with 2 SandForce controllers configured in a RAID 0 setup for extremely fast transfer speeds. Let’s take a look at this drive and see if it can blow away the competition.
– Available in 50GB to 480GB capacities
– PCI-Express interface (x4)
– For use as primary boot drive or data storage
– Internal RAID 0
– 181.07 (L) x 21.59 (W) x 125.08mm (H)
– Shock Resistance: 1500g
– Seek Time: 0.1 ms
– Operating Temp: 0°C ~ +70°C
– Storage Temp: -45°C ~ +85°C
– Power Consumption: 3W Idle, 8W active
– MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
– 3-Year Warranty
– Compatible with Windows XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64
50-80GB Max Performance
Read: Up to 540 MB/s
Write: Up to 450 MB/s
Sustained Write: Up to 350 MB/s
Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 70,000 IOPS
The RevoDrive comes in a nice retail package with a large “R” on the front. On the back there is some information about the drive, a photo of the drive, and the specifications.
Opening the box up there is another box inside that slides open. Getting everything out of the box we have the RevoDrive, user’s guide, and a sticker that says, “My SSD is faster than your HDD”.
Nov 25, 2015 0