If you been around the gaming scene in the past 5 years or so you should know the name Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendal. Known to many as the worlds first professional gamer he has created a gaming brand which its goal is to work with manufacturers to create the perfect components for your gaming system. Today we are taking a look at Fatal1ty’s take on a gaming power supply. The OCZ Fatal1ty Series 1000W Power Supply features an 80PLUS Gold certification, individually sleeved modular cables, 140mm red LED cooling fan and a 5 year warranty. Is this the next power supply for your gaming rig? Read on to find out!
Specifications & Features
– Continuous 1000W output at 50°C
– Built with 100% Japanese low ESR 105°C capacitors
– Single +12V rail
– Temperature and load controlled 140mm double ball-bearing fan with Red LED
– 80-Plus Gold certified for up to 90% efficiency (typical load)
– Individually sleeved modular cables
– Active Power Factor Correction (PFC)
– ErP compliant for low power usage in standby
– Heavy-duty protection circuitry
– Dimensions: 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 180mm(L)
– MTBF: 100,000 Hours
– 5-Year Warranty
– 1 x 20+4-pin ATX
– 2 x 4+4-pin ESP/12V CPU
– 6 x 6+2-pin PCIe
– 8 x 4-pin Peripheral
– 12 x 5-pin SATA
– 2 x Floppy
The box that the power supply comes in is very colorful and has a photo of the unit on the front as well as a picture of Fatal1ty. Some of the main features of the unit are featured on the front like the individually sleeved cables, 5 year warranty and 80PLUS Gold certification. On the back it goes into detail about the features and gives you the input and output graph.
Opening the box up everything is nicely packaged inside. Getting everything out you have the power supply unit, bag of modular cables, power cable, cable ties, mounting screws and a user’s manual. The power supply itself actually comes in a Fatal1ty-branded bag.
To give you a good idea of how the Fatal1ty Series 1000W power supply comes and for a brief overview of the unit check out our unboxing and overview video below.