Author: Bob Buskirk
- System Overview & Testing Procedures
- Testing – HDTune Pro
- Testing – ATTO Disk Benchmark & CrystalDiskMark
- Testing – Sandra Physical Disk & AS SSD Benchmark
- Final Thoughts
System Overview & Testing Procedures
The system we are going to be installing the Agility 2 in is comprised of an Intel Core i7 965, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard, 6GB of memory, Radeon 4870 X2 video card, 1TB SATA drive, Blu-ray drive, and NZXT 1200W power supply, all inside the Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 case.
Before we get into testing let’s open CrystalDiskInfo and take a look. As you can see the drive is running at SATA 3Gbps and supports S.M.A.R.T., 48bit LBA, NCQ, and most importantly TRIM.
For testing the drive we will be using the following benchmarking programs, we have provided links to each so you can run the benchmarks as well.
We also made these optimization changes…
- No power saving options in the BIOS
- ACHI enables in the BIOS
- Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
- Windows 7 power saving settings are disabled
For comparison we will be testing the Agility 2 against these 2 other SandForce-based drives…
Now on to testing!