Author: Greg Baden
The NZXT Whisper Classic Series Full Steel Silent Tower is a very powerful case for a reasonable price. It offers a silent solution with support of up to nine hard drives and six 5.25″ drives. An entire interior of sound dampening foam and silent fans are what gives this case its silent design. While NZXT designs mostly gaming cases I believe that they have knocked on the server chassis door with this case. With Extended ATX support this case could be a cost effective server chassis for a small business. Read on further to see what else this case has to offer.
- Silent Performance: 10mm noise dampening foam pads both side panels and the top panel, rubber grommets reduce vibration noise on the Hard Drives, and a padded PSU holder dramatically reduce acoustic levels within the chassis
- Maximum Expandability: Space for 9 hard drives and a total of six 5.25″ bays with ample room for large expansion cards
- Simple Installation: Pre-drilled wire management system makes it easy to route your cables and the screwless installation means you won’t be constantly reaching for your tools
- Advanced Cooling: Whisper includes 4 fans (1 x 120mm Blue LED Intake, 1 x 120mm Black Rear Exhaust, and 2 x 80mm Rear Exhaust). Bottom mounted PSU separates the heat given off by the PSU and motherboard
MODEL: Whisper SERIES
CASE TYPE: FULL TOWER Steel
FRONT PANEL MATERIAL: ALUMINUM/PLASTIC
DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): 211.5 X 521.5 X 562 mm
- FRONT, 1 X 120mm Blue LED (included)
- REAR, 1 X 120mm, 2 x 80mm fans (included)
DRIVE BAYS: 6 DRIVE BAYS
- 6 EXTERNAL 5.25″ DRIVE BAYS
- 1 3.5″ External bracket
- 9 INTERNAL 3.5″ DRIVE BAYS
- Screwless Rail Design
MATERIAL(S): Steel Construction
EXPANSION SLOTS: 7
POWER SUPPLY: 500 WATT PS2 ATX 12V 2.0 ( OPTIONAL )
WEIGHT: 12.3 KGS (W/O Power)
MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT MOTHERBOARDS: E-ATX ATX, MICRO-ATX, BABY AT
The NZXT Whisper comes packed in a standard full tower box. The box is entirely black in color and keeps a simple design around it. The product name and slogan blend with a dark picture of the case for the front of the package, while the back gives multiple pictures of the case and the parts and gives a short little informative paragraph in addition to the features.
The case has plenty of padding, probably the most that I’ve ever seen in a case. A set of the two typical high quality foam pieces are enforced with high quality cardboard on all corners. Two extra support foam pieces attached to cardboard are found at the top and bottom of the case, giving a full 360 degrees of protection.