It has been quite a while since we have seen a power supply from NZXT. Well they really have stepped things up with their latest line of power supplies called the HALE90 Series. Each of these power supplies features an 80PLUS Gold certification meaning they will run at least 87% efficient between 20% and 100% load and 90% efficient at 50% load. These power supplies also features a single +12V rail design, a 140mm fan, modular cables, and much more. Today we will be looking at the 750W version, which retails for $159.99.
• 80+ Gold certified: The HALE 90 series from NZXT operates at ultra high efficiency, at 20%, 50% and 100% loads, efficiencies are 87%, 90%, and 87% respectively.
• Single140mm two ball-bearing fan operates with minimal noise even at full load. Maximum decibel levels are 20db for wattages between 550-750W and 30db for 850W and above.
• Strong Single Rail Design: A single +12V rail provides stability and ease of use making the most out of your power supply. Offers stable & clean current delivery under heavy load.
• Modular cable design: Modular cable design allows the user to pick and choose which cables they want to use, optimizing cable management and airflow inside the chassis. Flat cables allow for easier routing and bending inside the computer chassis during wire management.
• Hybrid LLC resonant Topology circuitry allows the HALE series to create highly efficient power supplies ranging from 550W-> 1000W.
• Full range Design from 100V – 250V with Active PFC.
• 100% Japanese Capacitors: High quality components for longer life time and better reliability.
• Latest CPU support for all the latest INTEL and AMD CPUs like Corei7, i5, AMD Phenom II X4, X3.
• Latest GPU support, ideal for latest DX11 GPUs and comes with 8pin and 8(6+2) pin PCI-E connectors.
• Large tower support: The Hale Series of power supplies have extended 8pin CPU connectors for wire management in large cases which have PSUs mounted at the bottom.
• Compliance with ATX 12V v2.2, EPS 12V v2.91, and SSI EPS 12V v2.92 Specifications.
• Environmentally Responsible: Consuming less than 1W during shut off status Complies with the newest EuP ( Energy-using Products) requirements and USA Energy star standards.
• Continuous Power: The HALE 90 series listed wattage is the continuous operating wattage.
• Keeping it safe: The HALE series offers over voltage, current, power, under voltage, and short circuit protection. The power supply will automatically shutdown to prevent any damage to your system or misuse.
• Warranty: 5 Years
Like everything NZXT the HALE90 power supply comes in a nice retail package. On the front it lists the wattage which is 750W. There is the 80PLUS Gold logo and a emblems for some of the features like, modular cables, 100% Japanese capacitors, single +12V rail, 14cm silent operation fan, and the 5 year warranty. On the back you have an output graph and a listing of connectors. There is also some more information about the unit.
Opening the retail package up we can see that everything is nicely packed inside. Getting it all out we have the HALE90 power supply unit, a bag of modular cables, a power cables, a bag of mounting screws (which are thumbscrews), and the user’s manual.
Dec 19, 2014 0
Dec 11, 2014 0