When it comes to building a PC the power supply is something that is often overlooked and really at the bottom of the component list. Many people want a quality power supply that is feature rich, but do not want to pay the premium cost. This is where NZXT comes in with the HALE82 V2 power supply. Their main goal with this power supply is to bring consumers a high performance, feature-rich power supply without the premium price tag. Today we are taking a look at the 550W version that features a fully modular design, 80PLUS Bronze certification, 135mm silent fan, and a single +12V rail. Is this the power supply for your next build? Read on as we find out.
– 80 Plus Bronze Certification (HALE82 V2 only) ensures efficiency levels up to 85%
– Completely modular design with labeled back plate for easy installation and clean look
– NZXT design element infused on the exterior/interior power supply with world’s first Innovative white and black PCB design for better isolation and identification
– IFCT: The intelligent fan control technology is designed for better thermal solution
– Strong single +12V rail that provides stability and ease of use with the ability to deliver clean currents under a heavy load
– SLI and CrossFire Ready
– 135mm silent fan for smooth, silent rotation, and optimal air intake
– Wide Input Range (HALE82 V2S only): AC main is from 160V to 280V for emergency countries.
– Active PFC Full protections for over voltage, current, power, under voltage, and short circuit protection
– Safety Approvals for: CE / FCC / CB / TUV / cTUVus / CCC
– Backed by a 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
– Standard: Comply ATX 12V V2.31 and EPS 12V V2.92
The HALE82 V2 comes in NZXT’s typical packaging. On the front it lets us know that this is the 550W version and some of the main features. The packaging is loaded with information so if you are at the store you can find out all you need to about the unit.
Getting everything out of the packaging you have the HALE82 V2 550W unit, bag of modular cables, power cable, mounting screws, zip ties and a user’s guide.
For a full unboxing and overview of the HALE82 V2 power supply be sure to check out our video below.
Nov 20, 2014 0
Nov 19, 2014 1
Nov 19, 2014 0
Nov 19, 2014 0
Nov 12, 2014 0