MSI has a complete offering of Z97 motherboards so it is hard to really decide which motherboard to get. Well if you are an overclocker and want a board specifically designed for overclocking and stability then the board we are talking a look at today might be for you. The Z97 MPower is part of MSI’s overclocking series of motherboards and features a powerful 12 phase all digital power design, voltage checkpoints, MSI’s Military Class 4 components, MSI’s Audio Boost chip and much more. On top of all that it is one of the sexiest looking Z97 motherboards that we have seen so far. Read on as we dive in!
– Supports 5th and 4th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
– Supports DDR3-3200(OC) Memory
– Supports USB 3.0 + SATA 6Gb/s
– 12 Phase DigitALL Power Design
– Multi-GPU: NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFire Support
– OC Certified: Military Class Burn-in Test Passed
– Military Class 4: Top Quality & Stability
– OC Genie 4: Overclock in 1 Second
– Click BIOS 4: Easily Fine-tune Your System
– PCI Express Gen 3: World’s 1st PCI Express Gen 3 Motherboard Brand
– Audio Boost: Reward Your Ears with True Quality
The Z97 MPower comes in some pretty unique packaging. The box has a big “M” on the front and lets us know this motherboard is part of the OC Series.
Flipping the box over we can see a list of specifications, overview of I/O ports and some details on the boards features.
The “M” part of the front of the motherboard actually opens up to reveal even more detail on the board itself.
Getting everything out of the box we have a pretty good set of accessories. You have six SATA cables, SATA cable labels, a SLI bridge, front panel connection headers, voltage checkpoint connectors, I/O shield, drivers and utility CD, a door hanger, user’s guide, software guide, overclocking guide and case badge.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Z97 MPower motherboard be sure to check out our video below.
Dec 19, 2014 0
Dec 11, 2014 0