The guys over at VideoCardz have published a list of upcoming games to support AMD’s Mantle API. Mantle is currently only supported on a single title right now, which is Battlefield 4. Thief was released last week and while it does not have Mantle yet, it will very soon.
List of Upcoming Games to Support AMD’s Mantle API
– Battlefield 4 – (Developed by DICE/Frostbite Team)
– Thief – (Developed by Eidos), no Mantle yet
– Need for Speed Rivals — (Developed by Ghost Games), no Mantle yet
– Star Citizen – (Developed by Cloud Imperium Games, Behaviour Interactive)
– Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare –(Developed by PopCap Games)
– Sniper Elite 3 – (Developed by Rebellion)
– Dragon Age: Inquisition – (Developed by BioWare/Frostbite Team)
– Havana (codename) – (Developed by Visceral Games/Frostbite Team)
– Mars (codename) – (Developed by Mohawk Games/Oxide Games)
– Mass Effect (untitled) – (Developed by BioWare/Frostbite Team)
– Mirror’s Edge 2 – (Developed by DICE/Frostbite Team)
– Star Control – (Developed by Stardock/Oxide Games)
– Star Wars: Battlefront — (Developed by DICE/Frostbite Team)
– Unannounced title — (Developed by Oxide Games)
Looking at the list there is a game codenamed Havana which is being developed by Visceral Games/Frostbite Team. The rumor is that this developer is preparing a new police themed Battlefield game, so is this Battlefield 5?
The Mass Effect title on the list raises some questions as Mass Effect 3 was supposed to be the last game in the series. We are not sure if this is a new title or an old title being updated.