Let’s face it unless you are getting a new computer you really are not even thinking about upgrading your hard drive to a solid state drive (SSD). The main reason for this is cost, and capacity. No one wants to pay close to $500 for a 64GB hard drive! Because of this most consumers are left out in the dry, but Kingston has a drive that is perfect for consumers. The SSDNow V-Series solid state drives come into the market at a very affordable price, but does have some performance reductions. Although compared to your 7200RPM SATA hard drive you have now these drives are still very fast! Let’s take a look at the SSDNow V-Series drives and see if they are the perfect price performance blend for someone looking at getting an SSD.
– Fast – up to 100MB/sec. read; 80MB/sec. write**
– Performance – enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
– Innovative – 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND flash memory components.
– Silent – Runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
– Reliable – less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
– Shock Resistant – No moving mechanical parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions.
– Supports S.M.A.R.T. – Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology tells the user when a drive is about to fail
– Guaranteed – 3 year legendary Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
Capacity* – 64GB, 128GB
Storage Temperatures – -40C to 85C
Operating temperatures – 0C to 70C
Vibration Operating – 2.17 G (7-800Hz)
Vibration Non-Operation – 20 G (20-2000Hz)
– 128GB Active: 2.5W (TYP) Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
– 64GB Active: 2.0W (TYP) Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
Life expectancy – 1 million hours mean time before failure
The SSDNow V-Series drives come in a very attractive retail package. On the front is a listing of the capacity and it lets us know that we received the desktop kit, which we will explain in a second. On the back there is a listing of package contents in quite a few languages.
Opening the package up everything is nicely protected in a plastic clamshell. Opening that up we have the SSDNow drive, 3.5-inch brackets, SATA power and data cable, mounting screws, and the CD that contains the installation guide and cloning software.
Oct 06, 2015 0
Oct 05, 2015 0