Back in March we took a look at Kingston’s MobileLite 9-in-1 card reader. It was a great and very useful product. Well Kingston has redesigned the MobileLite, calling the new version the G2. The MobileLite G2 is a very compact USB card reader that supports SD/SDHC, microSD/SDHC, MSPD, MS Pro HG Duo and M2 cards. Since it is so small you can take it with you anywhere and it has the USB connection right on it so no extra cables to carry with you, let’s take a look.
• Compliant — with the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specification, USB storage Class V1.0, SD 2.00, SDHC 4.1 standards, new MS PRO-HG DUO standard, Universal Serial Bus specification rev 2.0
• Versatile — multi-functional USB card reader supports SD/SDHC, microSD/SDHC, MSPD***, MS Pro HG Duo*** and M2
• Portable — easily fits in your pocket
• Easy — plug and play into any USB 2.0 or 1.1 port
• Guaranteed — two-year warranty on the MobileLiteG2 and lifetime warranty on the SDHC cards.
• MoblieLite G2 Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
• MoblieLite G2 Storage Temperature: -20°to 70°C/ -4° to 158° F
• MobileLite G2 Weight: 18.90g
• MobileLite G2 Dimensions: 2.45″ x 1.16″ x 0.646″ (62.15mm x 29.40mm x 16.40mm).
Just like all Kingston products the MobileLite G2 comes in very simple packaging. The package is clear so you can see what all you are getting. Our version of the MobileLite G2 came with an 8GB SDHC card, but you get it with 4GB, 16GB and 32GB SDHC cards as well as the G2 just by itself.
Opening up the packaging you will find the MobileLite G2 card reader, 8GB SDHC card, small USB extension cable, and a set of instructions.
Feb 26, 2015 0