Transferring files between 2 computers has been made extremely easy for a while now with flash drives. These devices are small enough to fit in our pocket, deliver fast transfer speeds, and can hold quite a lot of data. Today we are taking a look at one of Kingston’s latest flash drives. Announced this year at CES the DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is a USB 3.0 drive that features read speeds of up to 150 MB/s and write speeds up to 70 MB/s. The drive has a solid metal matte finish and retractable design that protects the USB connection when it is not in use. Today we have the 64GB version on hand to see what it can do!
Special thanks to Kingston for providing us with the DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive to review.
Specifications & Features
● Capacities: 32 GB, 64 GB
● Speed: USB 3.0 up to 150 MB/s Read, 70 MB/s Write
USB 2.0 up to 30 MB/s Read, 20 MB/s Write
● USB 3.0 performance: dramatic time savings when transferring large media files; 8x faster than a standard USB 2.0
● Durable design: solid metal sliding casing with no cap to lose
● Backwards compatibility: usable with USB 2.0 systems with excellent performance throughout
● Guaranteed: five-year warranty and free technical support
● Dimensions: without key ring: 2.6929″ x 0.8961″ x 0.4567″ (68.40 mm x 22.76 mm x 11.6 mm)
with key ring: 3.3622″ x 0.8961″ x 0.4567″ (85.40 mm x 22.76 mm x 11.6 mm)
The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 comes in Kingston’s normal packaging for flash drives. You know, the packaging that you literally have to cut open! On the front it lets us know that we have the 64GB drive, that it is a USB 3.0 drive and it does list the speeds. On the back there is more information in a few different languages.
Getting the drive out of the package you do get a secondary key fob that can be used to connect the DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 to a lanyard or keychain.
Nov 30, 2015 0
Nov 29, 2015 0