The Intel Haswell refresh that we were expecting to see in May will now actually take place in May according to a report by WCCFTech. The Haswell-E launch may happen soon after that as well.
We are not really sure why Intel would push up the launch of the Haswell refresh, but releasing processors will more efficient steppings and higher clocks is always a good thing. Here are some details that we have on the Haswell Refresh.
- Basically the first batch of processors will include about 20 SKUs including the Core i7-4790 and 4790S, Core i5-4690, 4590, 4460, 4590S, 4460S, Core i3-4360, 4150T, Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840. Needless to say the 4790 will be the i7 Flagship and the 4690 will be the i5 Flagship.
- Haswell Refresh Nomenclature will be Haswell Nomenclature +0020 ie i5 4570′s refresh will be i5 4590.
- Most of the SKUs wil get a clock upgrade of 100 Mhz.
- The H97/Z97 motherboards will ship in April.
- The ‘K’ Series Unlocked processors will come somewhere around third quarter;
- Followed by Haswell-E which will also ship in that same approximate time frame. This will be the High End Platform to succeed Ivy Bridge-E
- In the third quarter part of the i5 and i3 Lineup of Ivy Bridge will be discontinued and desisted.
We will keep you up to date on the Haswell refresh as it get closer to April.
Jul 08, 2014 0