Author: Greg Baden
Over the past few years In Win has been designing a lot of different cases to stir up the competition with larger manufactures. Their latest Full Tower Case, the In Win Dragon Rider is no exception to In Win’s quality products. The Dragon Rider has advanced features such as a CPU backplate cooling fan, two USB 3.0 easy access ports and support for E-ATX motherboards. The case also includes 4 fans and has support of up to 10 fans to go along with its already cool and quiet design. Let’s take a closer look.
- Indulge yourself with the elegance of the Dragon Rider – Inspired by the medieval age, Dragon Rider is designed to protect your components same way as the rider maneuvers his dragon to protect his castle.
- Extended-ATX Motherboard Support – Built with space for any motherboard, even up to server grade E-ATX motherboard size (12 inch x 13 inch) and with enough height to support high-performance 4-way Nvidia SLI or AMD CrossFire setups (8 PCI slots).
- The Ultimate Cooling Customization – Dragon Rider is equipped with ultra-large 22cm fan on one side and compatible up to 24cm radiator for liquid cooling system. The featured 12cm LED cooling fan on the other side is ensuring effective heat release from the CPU. In total, it is designed to hold up to 11 units of 12cm fans.
- Easy CPU Heatsink Removal – The motherboard tray hole behind the CPU socket allows easy removal of back-mounted CPU coolers, without having to remove the motherboard.
- Unique Side Panel Shield Design for Tidy Cable Management – A cable routing area behind the motherboard tray is available to keep builds tidy and to generate better system airflow.
- Stable, Reliable PC Setup – The base mounted PSU to increase case stability and an included, removable fan filter protects against dust and dirt.
- The Latest Enthusiast Features Included – With Super-Speed USB 3 front panel support and external water-cooling holes, the Dragon Rider is ready for even the most cutting edge hardware and cooling.
Like most In Win cases, the package has a unique design and storyline. The Dragon Rider’s package includes a high gloss finish along with high quality details and colors. Behind an angled view of the case is a “Dragon Rider”, with a castle also behind the dragon. The Dragon Rider logo sits above the dragon, which also includes a less detailed dragon figure integrated into the logo. The back of the case shows the right side panel view, thus showing it’s not a plain piece of metal.
The specifications and features are found on the two smaller sides of the package and are written on a scroll-like background, to help follow the medieval theme of the packaging.
The case comes well protected by two large pieces of soft foam and a plastic bag. Inside of the box you’ll also find the User’s Manual, hardware bag and two 8-pin power cable extenders/splitters.